Author Topic: Old School Ren Players Represent  (Read 23075 times)

Sha

Old School Ren Players Represent
« Reply #255 on: March 24, 2012, 04:13:02 AM »
Yup thats me

p9hellion

« Reply #256 on: March 24, 2012, 01:33:17 PM »
Alright.. Well im glad I know a few people around here then. I've still got you on aol instant messenger.

Sha

« Reply #257 on: March 25, 2012, 12:34:40 AM »
I haven't logged in to AoL messenger in years hehe

p9hellion

« Reply #258 on: March 25, 2012, 12:42:04 AM »
Haha me either until the other night when I installed T:A.. I never knew I had 100+ people on my tribes list..

is that RWOC forum still around?

Jester

« Reply #259 on: March 28, 2012, 11:21:38 PM »
So I just happened to be looking around the interwebs today at work and tried searching for the good ole +GoD+ tag to see if anything might come up since T:A is getting more and more popular and holy freaking nostalgia I find myself here!  

It amazes me to see so many familiar names on these forums and it makes me glad to see that T1Ren was as special for most of you guys as it was for me!  I remember so many amazing players from back in those days and it makes me smile to see so many of those familiar player and clan names again. :)  

There are so many wonderful things I wanna say about the times we had back in those days with all the pickup games and pubstomping and competitive matches I played with all the +GoD+ guys.  I had so much fun climbing the OGL Ladder with you, GhostFace, and all the other guys in +GoD+.  I had never done anything like that in any game that I had played.  I was only 15 at the time, and I had only been playing around on random renegades servers for the most part until I had gotten into a clan that sported the [Sith] tag for a while and doing some small competition matches with them.  They had a lot of cool guys whose names all escape me except for the leader SoloAdmin and this boss player named DoOmSdAy that was amazing at every role he played.  I remember wanting to be as good as he was and play with the best players I could find which shortly thereafter brought me to +GoD+.  The [Sith] guys never competed on OGL or anything that big to my recollection, so most of you guys probably won't know or remember any of them, but I really didn't have much of an idea how all the competition stuff worked at that time.  

I still remember trying out for +GoD+ with you and Merlin and Gold Moon (one of the few times I actually saw him playing lol)... we were playing Raindance and did a little scrim game with all us tryouts against the +GoD+ guys and we got totally smoked of course, but y'all asked me to stick around afterwards and I remember dueling Merlin for like an hour before I was finally able to beat him.  I always enjoyed playing with people who were better than me so I could learn how to better myself... overcome and adapt and such.  I had never played with that caliber of players until I got in the clan and it just got better from then on.  Shortly after that my buddy TuRbO-LaX, one of my best friends that I grew up and went to school with, joined with us and before I knew it we were competing in matches with legendary guys that I had only heard of mentioned in pub games and maybe I had seen them every so often.  Until we joined with +GoD+ we had no idea just how competitive and fast paced the game really was.

I recall spending hours dueling with you, PuC, on one of IDC's servers or maybe it was your server...on that one dueling map that the terrain looked a lot like Raindance.  We had some good times MA'ing the shit out of each other in those days.  You were definitely one of the best duelers I can ever recall playing against.  Frag was pretty damn good too.  All the IDC guys were great brawlers...well, except for maybe DiMiTsU with his ridiculous ping that he always seemed to have, but DAMN could he get some turrets up and snipe with that railgun.  I think those dueling skills was a big part of how successful you guys were as a team.  There always seemed to be some sort of lack of coordination or communication when we played IDC but the straight up ass kicking skills most of your guys had made up for most of it.

GhostFace, I too remember those games with -A- where SATAN and Rooster displayed their impeccable skills at flag passing when it had first started to become the standard.  We had a hell of a time the first time we played them... for some reason playing DX (Dangerous Crossing) seems to stand out in my mind.  Those guys were catching unbelievable tosses before we had really put much effort into it learning how to do those ridiculous mid air passes.  I certainly hadn't anticipated that level of skill to show up in that first game and I know I felt significantly unprepared for it.  It was so intense chasing those guys around.  As soon as one of em was about to die he'd throw the flag and no matter where it went the other one would catch it.  Amazing stuff for those days when it first started becoming the norm in competitive play, but soon everybody else got up to speed and it totally transformed the way the game was played.  Those two guys always seemed to be just a little bit better than anyone other combo at it from my recollection.  I swear we'd have half the team chasing them for most of the game when normally me and Merlin could get the job done ourselves (we mostly ran 8 Offense and 2 Defense when most other teams ran a 7/3 or the occasional 6/4 for maybe a turret farmer and a HoF, unless we wanted turrets ourselves).  It seemed to me that -A- kinda came out of nowhere and flew up to the top of the OGL ladder and became one of the most competitive and intimidating teams out there.  I know I underestimated them when we first played them and boy was it an eye opener.

Speaking of Merlin, that guy was practically my mentor when it came to flag chasing.  I spent so much time dueling with him trying to get as good as he was with the disc launcher and I like to think that at my peak I was pretty close, but I'll never forget some of those RIDICULOUSLY long distance MA's he'd get on people running off with our flag.  Such a wonderful thing to see.  I had a blast chasing down flag carriers with him throughout all those games and when we picked up Homely it got even better.  That guy was straight up sickness incarnate with the chaingun.  I never saw anyone who could cut people down as good as he could with that weapon and yes this was before all that interpolating nonsense that made the chaingun so ungodly powerful.  I felt like we had an unstoppable chasing combo on Team 1 with the 3 of us.  Merlin had the disc skills, Homely had the CG skills and I was pretty good with both.  On a side note, I kinda miss the bullet spread from the old CG since its not in T:A... seems like it's too easy to get consistent shots with the SMGs and Assault Rifle and much more difficult to get those longer distance MA disc shots than it used to be.  Seems like a little bit of catering to the potential CoD and BF3 players who might come over to T:A and aren't used to using explosive projectiles.

Those games with {=CAS=} were ridiculously intense as well.  I seem to remember chasing EzFlyer all over RollerCoaster in several of those games like the guy owned the amusement park and I was paying to ride the broken down go carts with cotton candy smeared all over my face.  You {=CAS=} guys were always difficult to beat... such incredible coordination and timing with the teamwork.  Every map seemed to come down to the wire.  {=CAS=} seemed to work like a finely tuned machine.  You guys always hit your shots and got right down to the point and we had a tough time staying ahead.  I think I would agree with you Juke that +GoD+ and {=CAS=} were so evenly matched that they both deserved to be #1.  I may be mistaken, but I seem to recall that after we took the #1 spot we had to defend it against {=CAS=} to beat the record for most consecutive #1 defenses that you guys held.  I could be wrong, but damn that'd make for a great story if it isn't true lol.  If only there was room for two at the top ;)

I definitely have to agree that {=CAS=} and -A- were the most challenging, high throttle games we played.  I don't say that to slight any of the other great teams out there, those are just the most memorable ones to me.  All the top 7-8 teams had phenomenal players among their ranks and I consider it an absolute honor to have played with the best of the best of Tribes 1 Renegades when it was at its prime.  This game was the fastest paced truly skill based shooter I have ever played and while T:A seems to be much better than the other attempts to revitalize the Tribes series, I do not think that anything will come close to the greatness that was T1 Renegades but who knows... only time will tell.  

All of you guys that played competitively were absolute legends when I first started playing with +GoD+.  All the dHk guys and MC and Rk and all you other badasses out there that we encountered along the way... absolute legends.  Don't forget that.  I too remember that funny feeling of anticipation in the pit of my stomach before the ranked matches, and many of the scrims too.  It was a time like no other and it will always remain very near and dear to my heart.  I wish I would have kept more of the old records and such as it would certainly be nice to go back and relive some more of those memories.  It was an incredible honor to share these experiences, and the battle field, with all of you.  Seriously.

Oh and apparently JesterGoD was taken as a user ID for the forums which seems a bit strange.  I never considered myself to be popular enough to have imitators or stalkers or what have you but I guess you never really see that sort of thing coming.  I do remember seeing some guy, I believe he used to be name Sandstorm or something like that, playing with my name and tag after I had reinstalled T1 after about a year from when I quit playing T2 (which lasted about 2 months). That's who he told me he was anyway when I confronted him about it and kicked his ass in a duel...upon winning such he was to stop using my name (cuz you know that's how Tribes litigation works).  The guy was always kissing asses trying to get into the guild with us but was never really a very impressive player from what I recall.  Meh, who knows...  nevertheless, whoever you've seen running around as Jester+GoD+ isn't the real deal.  Imitated... never duplicated.

Anyway, I just wanna say THANK YOU to all of you T1Ren guys who made the game and the community what it was.  And a special thanks to you, GhostFace, for taking a chance on a scrub and giving me the opportunity to grow and learn with the best of the best of the best and allowing me to contribute to such an awesome team.  Btw, I'm playing T:A as Ashbourne these days (name comes from the WoW days) for any of you who would like to eat some spinfusor discs or reminisce about the old days or whatever floats your boat.

Holy crap!  I didn't realize I wrote a freakin book!  Thanks for reading  :)

TL: DR -  Fuck you, its worth the read!

VERTIBLOW

• I went from Suck to Blow
« Reply #260 on: March 29, 2012, 12:10:28 AM »
holy fucking christ man that was nearly 2,000 words.

Frizzer

« Reply #261 on: April 02, 2012, 10:09:10 PM »
hahahah sup jester. alot of us old t1ren and newer guys are playing T:A.

}I{ DiMitSU

« Reply #262 on: April 03, 2012, 01:02:35 PM »
Jester pickup TA bro and bring Turbo while you're at it.. DO IT!!

IDC_j0ker

• Straight Gangsta (for a white boy)
    • Tribes Ascend - T1j0ker
« Reply #263 on: April 03, 2012, 01:59:17 PM »
Back when I first started Tribes in 98-99 i was 14, and I remember my grandpa -=TTC=-Rack introducing me to the game. I started off playing Ren with a lot of the old TTC guys...LordZer00, Fury, Serpreme, HOUSEMAN, Goku, BlckAngus, Megman, Ghost, HeLL, all those guys. I specifically remember LordZer00 because he was the guy who taught me how to duel. Back when I first started I spent hours and hours in duel servers with him practicing with me and teaching me how to move, dodge, and lead shots. I wish I knew what happened to those guys. In 2003 around the same time I started playing spawn in the old anon server, I also play MOHAA (Medal of Honor Allied Assault) with House, Goku, Jumpsalty, and that whole crew. I fucking miss House, I wish I knew how to contact him again.

masque

« Reply #264 on: April 03, 2012, 06:34:53 PM »
Quote from: IDC_j0ker;366218
Back when I first started Tribes in 98-99 i was 14, and I remember my grandpa -=TTC=-Rack introducing me to the game. I started off playing Ren with a lot of the old TTC guys...LordZer00, Fury, Serpreme, HOUSEMAN, Goku, BlckAngus, Megman, Ghost, HeLL, all those guys. I specifically remember LordZer00 because he was the guy who taught me how to duel. Back when I first started I spent hours and hours in duel servers with him practicing with me and teaching me how to move, dodge, and lead shots. I wish I knew what happened to those guys. In 2003 around the same time I started playing spawn in the old anon server, I also play MOHAA (Medal of Honor Allied Assault) with House, Goku, Jumpsalty, and that whole crew. I fucking miss House, I wish I knew how to contact him again.

He use to be on xfire, think he still managing bands now :-P

:wave j0ker

Sha

« Reply #265 on: April 04, 2012, 04:58:46 AM »
Damn I had forgotten all about HOUSEMAN he was an awesome guy.

IDC_j0ker

• Straight Gangsta (for a white boy)
    • Tribes Ascend - T1j0ker
« Reply #266 on: April 04, 2012, 08:33:15 PM »
Yeah I used to be really cool with House, like...8 years ago. Haha.

Guardfather

« Reply #267 on: April 08, 2012, 08:07:04 AM »
Sup Hellion. Long time no see.
Previous Tribal Affiliations: =SSC=, }|PG|{, |P|
DeviantArt: http://guardfather.deviantart.com

TheOmEn

« Reply #268 on: April 12, 2012, 07:09:15 PM »
Wow .. I somewhat accidentally came across Tribes: Ascend earlier today, which I had no idea was even being made, and found this thread while reminiscing over the old T1 days.

I'm not sure how many people here will remember me, although I recognize a few names from the last two pages. I went by this username and played a good deal. Played primarily Elite Renegades back at it's prime, and then Renegades after that. For those that do better associating names with clans, I started off playing for NIL@, then joined JEV and eventually moved on to 2KE.

p9hellion

« Reply #269 on: April 13, 2012, 11:38:10 PM »
Guardfather how ya doing buddy? Yes very long time. Real long time, sheesh. Im a married man now with a kiddo on the way.

Omen -- Any idea how to reach Smitty or Madmordegon? You know we started a 2ke in Counter-strike right? We played on a comp ladder and everything. Did 2 seasons, and it pretty much died.

* Permissions

• You can't post new topics.
  • You can't post replies.
  • You can't post attachments.
  • You can't modify your posts.