Poll

Vulcan balancing

ncrease the spread
2 (11.1%)
ecrease the rate of fire
2 (11.1%)
oth increase spread and decrease rate of fire
3 (16.7%)
ncrease spread as the gun is continuously fired (T:V style)
4 (22.2%)
omething else (Post below)
7 (38.9%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: Vulcan  (Read 6940 times)

PrimeTime

Vulcan
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2008, 10:58:16 PM »
liar

Acides

• bvd|
    • http://www.myspace.com/skeeterthemeatbeater
Vulcan
« Reply #46 on: July 04, 2008, 05:47:27 AM »
Quote from: 10shun;249442
I don't play armor a whole lot, so take my opinion with a grain of salt. When I do, I rarely RARELY use anything besides cyborg/vulcan and rocket launcher to move around.  There isn't a single other class that can kill me one against one other than another cyborg using vulcan (except maybe a scout with a well placed grenade that launches me so far away that I suicide, after killing him of course).

That's really why I don't play armor..  if I use any class besides cyborg, I get raped by cyborgs.  If I use cyborg the whole time, I get bored of using vulcan over and over (especially when the other team is doing same thing).  Every now and then I'll use a mercenary with a shield pack when a large indoor base is part of the map, but other than that..  cyborg cyborg cyborg.

My point is..  I play ren armor when I want to change up the experience of ren spawn by adding in more options and mixing things up.  When I play armor, I get bored faster than I do when I play spawn.

This is for PUB play..  I don't have any recent match experience in armor..  I used to play a long time ago but it seemed like the vulcan wasn't such a powerhouse back then.
Agreed, but I'm not sure toning it down a bit is the solution, because even if you just get rid of vulcan then people will complain about mortar grenades.
Quote from: O! Snap! O_O;337143
p.s. - Mat!n has fucking infinite boost and nonreg.cs hax. The other  night I shot a disc at him that was about to go up his asshole and I  swear he turned around mid-air and shook his head, and my disc  disappeared. He proceeded to mow me down with his vulcan.
Quote from: tyme;338769
who the hell is acides?

tm_hydro

• http://www.myspace.com/tribesmafiahydro
Vulcan
« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2008, 05:48:07 PM »
Quote from: Crusader;249040
replace the cg in troc with a vulcan

yea it would make the noobs feel welcome:)

Quote from: Acides;267060
Agreed, but I'm not sure toning it down a bit is the solution, because even if you just get rid of vulcan then people will complain about mortar grenades.

i have been playing tribes since i was 11 years old (in 98') and it was waaay hella fun back then when there was just light medium and heavy. not this bullshit alien class or burster. lets just have wepons factory with just cyborg scout merc and engineer and at least make the vulcan a little less powerful. in my opinion the vulcan is a noob gun used by noobs. (not to say you cant defend yourself against noobs, but cmon)

{MI6|^.hydro}
{TXM}-^.Zen-

Quote from: tension-;312326
All that really matters is who has the biggest penis.. everything else is secondary.
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
Quote from: tension-;295857
i lost my virginity at a church camp
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
Quote from: Da GaNja;313362
who let these niggers eat watermelon?

VivaMexico

Vulcan
« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2008, 06:02:09 PM »
how the fuck are you going to bump a 5 month old thread?
Quote from: Acides;319233
She was screaming and hollering for me to get a washcloth and towel, I ignored and went back to playing Tribes. I had gotten my nut off, what I care?

tm_hydro

• http://www.myspace.com/tribesmafiahydro
Vulcan
« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2008, 06:44:07 PM »
oh lol i didnt see that

FriendRice

• @^
Vulcan
« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2008, 10:10:05 PM »
Quote from: FriedRice;248464
make it shoot rockets instead of bullets

agreed.
Quote from: whakka;216651
STFU AND GTFO
we already have plenty of idiots, faggots, gangsters, people who cant use their spell check, ex-convicts, drunks, smokers, gun toting hard asses, and old school tribes players. thanks anyways, though. go shoot an innocent bystander, you fuckin moron.

VivaMexico

Vulcan
« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2008, 04:05:49 PM »
^^*signed*

Comack

Vulcan
« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2013, 09:40:50 AM »

How many people in the current armor servers really understand how to alien cap, much less know that theres an alien armor? With the right map, anyone in any armor can win non-stop. If the cyborg is so over powered, than anyone could pick it up and wreck havoc, and thats just not the case, it ultimately ends up being a nade/motor spam-fest.

All anyone ever plays is scout, sniper, maybe engineer and cyborg. And if someone was whoring down alien cappers then i'm glad, at least that would signify some sort of teamwork which doesn't exist in any armor servers since i started playing again.
Having not been on in a while and have read this bitchfest-I can tell you this-I have not had problems with getting pwnd by cybies when playing as an alien due to one thing-predictability-a cybie player will simply charge in and kill the hell outta you with his Vulcan or toss mortar bombs, perhaps do both-the trick is to pound him with your ion rifle then the omega cannon-shorts out shields, omega cannon chews him up.
Capping with an alien requires stealth and mobility-as well as a fair amount of luck. In my opinion-not that it matters-aliens can kill the hell out of cybies so long as you keep moving and know when to back off, and you can bypass any defense so long as you have the guts.
War...war never changes. It\'s sad, that we as people cannot learn to benefit from its lessons, that our history inevitably repeates itself.

* Permissions

• You can't post new topics.
  • You can't post replies.
  • You can't post attachments.
  • You can't modify your posts.