Author Topic: How and when did you discover Tribes?  (Read 1933 times)

charlie

How and when did you discover Tribes?
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2018, 04:57:27 PM »
It had to have been in and around 1998 when it was first released. I'd just gotten my first PC. It was an absolute monster of a machine. Top of the line all the way: Pentium 2, 400mhz, 128mb of ram, 20gb HD, zip drive!, dvd drive, and an ethernet port (even though DSL wasn't even available in my area at the time)! At the time the first online shooter I came across was Rainbow Six... then Counter-Strike. Then, a friend of mine told me he found a game better than CS. He gave me a burnt CD with it to try it out and that was that. Tribes became my favorite game and is still in my top 5 to this day.

Sunfire

• bvd| capt.
    • Tribes Ascend - sunfire
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2019, 10:39:06 PM »
Man DSL sucked. Top of the line at the time but it always enraged me. Kinda funny hearing Pentium 2, zip drive, etc. as an absolute monster of a machine now haha. I played RB6 too..can't remember which one. Rainbow Six Siege is awesome now though, great fps.

PintobeaN

• http://www.punchstock.com/image/imageshop/7509030/large/bw0156_001.jpg
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2019, 09:32:17 PM »
Wow people still alive I see. My brother Kilo Jinx and Desperado and a couple of his friends started playing in college. Eventually I got into it and just became a cap GOAT ahha. We started [HHH] and then eventually switched over to =KiD=. Miss playing with you guys though. Especially when having cap partners, such as Moons and Kattfi$h. Beast Mode I tell you. Loved the feeling that there wast a flag i couldn't catch haha good times.
Quote from: Two Moons;368722
Dear faggots. Come play so I can stick my Disc in ur fat faggot faces. [P]into is freaken pwning everyone in the server.

* Permissions

• You can't post new topics.
  • You can't post replies.
  • You can't post attachments.
  • You can't modify your posts.