Author Topic: Tribes & Windows 10  (Read 432 times)

g0ku

Tribes & Windows 10
« on: April 18, 2020, 01:59:23 PM »
I'm not sure if anyone comes to these forums anymore but I am an old school Tribes player (g0ku) that played with the clan TTC.  I think the mod we played was called "vengeance" but it's been so long I can't remember.

Well me and another one of the old school TTC members (hou$eman) wanted to mess around and play some Tribes again so we downloaded the game but it doesn't work on Windows 10.  The game will install but when we open it, it only pops up in the top right corner and does the intro and then the main screen and we cannot select any of the options.

I've downloaded the Tribes 1.11 full game & maps file from this website and unzipped it to where I wanted it on my machine and opened it but it still does the same thing.  I downloaded the Win7 fix file and open it but nothing happens.  Literally no pop up or anything.

I have done some google searched and did the DPI settings thing and checked off run as administrator but still the same thing.

Does anyone know how we can get the game running and working on Windows 10?

Post Merge: 1587235520
I downloaded the "retro" version someone recommended to someone in another post and it ended up working; won't play full screen but that's fine.

The mod we played was renegades and not vengeance.  I saw that most of the servers up now are just the regular base.  Game definitely doesn't play like it used to, possibly because it's been over 15 years since we played and I had my game modded in the past (i.e. chat screen was in a different location, different health bars, different skin, etc.).

Are there any other ex-renegade mod players on here?  The only other clan I remember is CAT since they were the last ones we were fighting with before we all quit the game.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 02:45:20 PM by g0ku, Reason: Merged DoublePost »

SKBBLACKWIDOW

Tribes & Windows 10
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2020, 08:37:20 AM »
I'm ole school also |SKB|BLACKWIDOW i have windows 10 and downloaded Tribes from PlayT1.com

great rob

Tribes & Windows 10
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2020, 09:13:28 PM »
I played as |SKB|BULLDOG. whats happening Blackwidow, do you remember playing together? I can recall |SKB|DIESEL but thats about it.  I also played with |KW| krights wrath, but dont remember my call sign for that team.

IDC_j0ker

• Straight Gangsta (for a white boy)
    • Tribes Ascend - T1j0ker
Tribes & Windows 10
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2020, 05:01:36 PM »
Damn g0ku...thats a name I havent seen in a long time. You guys may not remember me specifically by name from that far back, but I was -=TTC=-Rackrunner's grandson so I knew a lot of the TTC guys, and LordZer0 helped teach me dueling when I first started. I played MOHAA with you, HOUSE, and jumpsalty for a while circa 2003ish. I would love to get back in touch with House again he was a cool dude. Whats his contact info?

* Permissions

• You can't post new topics.
  • You can't post replies.
  • You can't post attachments.
  • You can't modify your posts.