Poll

Vulcan balancing

ncrease the spread
2 (11.1%)
ecrease the rate of fire
2 (11.1%)
oth increase spread and decrease rate of fire
3 (16.7%)
ncrease spread as the gun is continuously fired (T:V style)
4 (22.2%)
omething else (Post below)
7 (38.9%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: Vulcan  (Read 9984 times)

iRATE

• bvd|
Vulcan
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2008, 02:45:33 AM »
Quote from: Killer117;248490
Found it!  On the renegades page Scroll down, it's titled Zed Fix Vulcan.. its about half way down

there was a 5% fee....*shrugs*
Quote from: Notorious B.I.G
I sleep on my stomach so i don\'t fuck up my sheets
[/FONT]
Quote from: Bob Marley
If you are the big tree then we are the tiny axe, sharpened to cut you down, ready to cut you down

DeadGuy

• I am the greatest.
Vulcan
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2008, 04:29:28 AM »
Quote from: HardDrive;248495
what are you even talking about? the vulcan has been relatively unchanged since ren2, or ren4. for the length of eliteren it has pretty much been the same.
yep, hasn't been changed really, except ammo amounts. But then, everyone pings much lower these days, than they did back in the begining. Same old story of snipe and cg in base.

Also, people that want a change wouldn't know what they truly wanted anyways. Most won't understand the nuances of spread vs fire-rate until they decide it wasn't what they had in mind.

iRATE

• bvd|
Vulcan
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2008, 05:14:45 AM »
There shouldn't be a change. Look at the load out...you have vulcan, mortar, grenade launcher, rocket, and plasma. Rockets are used for movement, grenade launcher is useless while mortar has rounds, plasma doesn't get used because of vulcan, and with weapons factory, you're not alive long enough to run out of ammo from the primary two(vulcan/mortar) to worry about what you have left in inventory.

Cyborg/vulcan is the only reason why people spawn with CYBORG, if you took out weapons factory and made people work for it, there would be a difference.

Gus

Vulcan
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2008, 05:25:04 AM »
Quote from: iRATE;248501
Cyborg/vulcan is the only reason why people spawn with CYBORG, if you took out weapons factory and made people work for it, there would be a difference.

They wouldn't play.

heady

• I think you're banned, not sure though
    • SmoothsChannel
Vulcan
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2008, 09:14:40 AM »
Make the fucking GL blow up on contact you fags
fuck off lol

Killer117

• Gay for Canadians
Vulcan
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2008, 01:41:33 PM »
Quote from: iRATE;248496
there was a 5% fee....*shrugs*

Holdin' out on me lawl

HardDrive

• #1 Red Guy
Vulcan
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2008, 03:32:49 AM »
Quote from: iRATE;248501
There shouldn't be a change. Look at the load out...you have vulcan, mortar, grenade launcher, rocket, and plasma. Rockets are used for movement, grenade launcher is useless while mortar has rounds, plasma doesn't get used because of vulcan, and with weapons factory, you're not alive long enough to run out of ammo from the primary two(vulcan/mortar) to worry about what you have left in inventory.

You're missing the point. The changes that have occurred in gameplay and skill levels, along with the hacks, lead to the vulcan making more than 3/4 of the armors pointless in current day, whereas this may have been un-noticed in 2000. It's a balance issue. The reason I and many other people use cyborg is because it's the only thing that can't be destroyed in less than 3 seconds by a vulcan. It's just that simple. Disabling WF won't change that, it'll just make it a lot easier for people to rape one side or another. People like GK say it's always been like that, but it's simply not true. You used to actually be able to alien cap or use burster to destroy D or maybe even spy. But what's the point anymore? everyone's just vulcaning each other to death.  If you like DF servers, this vulcan is perfect, but if you want to actually play something you couldn't find it back when zed hosted non-WF servers, and you sure can't find it anymore.

It's not like I care enough to want it changed, but my point has always been that it's a horrible balance issue that breaks 3/4 of the armors in the game, and it's done nothing but proven to be true.

iRATE

• bvd|
Vulcan
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2008, 06:16:40 AM »
How many people in the current armor servers really understand how to alien cap, much less know that theres an alien armor? With the right map, anyone in any armor can win non-stop. If the cyborg is so over powered, than anyone could pick it up and wreck havoc, and thats just not the case, it ultimately ends up being a nade/motor spam-fest.

All anyone ever plays is scout, sniper, maybe engineer and cyborg. And if someone was whoring down alien cappers then i'm glad, at least that would signify some sort of teamwork which doesn't exist in any armor servers since i started playing again.

Crusader

• !
Vulcan
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2008, 01:01:02 PM »
replace the cg in troc with a vulcan
Quote from: Chrissytina;312906
Really? I just figured it was because he\'s jealous that I get more dick than he does. :Bow:

Gus

Vulcan
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2008, 01:15:12 PM »
Quote from: iRATE;249000
How many people in the current armor servers really understand how to alien cap, much less know that theres an alien armor? With the right map, anyone in any armor can win non-stop. If the cyborg is so over powered, than anyone could pick it up and wreck havoc, and thats just not the case, it ultimately ends up being a nade/motor spam-fest.

All anyone ever plays is scout, sniper, maybe engineer and cyborg. And if someone was whoring down alien cappers then i'm glad, at least that would signify some sort of teamwork which doesn't exist in any armor servers since i started playing again.

It's pointless even trying to use alien anymore.  HM has killed any advantage that had as an armor.  "Seeing" an alien makes it easy to whore especially with the lack of spread vulcan has now.

its me!

Vulcan
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2008, 02:51:46 PM »
leave the damn thing alone jeez
:skilz:

iRATE

• bvd|
Vulcan
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2008, 05:40:20 PM »
gtfo

Killer117

• Gay for Canadians
Vulcan
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2008, 09:28:54 PM »
Quote from: iRATE;249070
gtfo
^^^

its me!

Vulcan
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2008, 11:13:37 PM »
Yawn why am I being bombarded by u two tards every post I make?

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you cannot view or download
wtf.jpg

Apex

Vulcan
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2008, 11:18:28 PM »
Because you're a faggot, alright?
bvd|@^pex

* Permissions

• You can't post new topics.
  • You can't post replies.
  • You can't post attachments.
  • You can't modify your posts.