Poll

Vulcan balancing

ncrease the spread
2 (11.1%)
ecrease the rate of fire
2 (11.1%)
oth increase spread and decrease rate of fire
3 (16.7%)
ncrease spread as the gun is continuously fired (T:V style)
4 (22.2%)
omething else (Post below)
7 (38.9%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: Vulcan  (Read 9982 times)

its me!

Vulcan
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2008, 11:20:58 PM »
Oh your another one that wants to join in wtf is this the three homo amigos?
:skilz:

its me!

Vulcan
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2008, 11:24:34 PM »
yawn

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you cannot view or download
Bush-Hitler.jpg

Apex

Vulcan
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2008, 11:24:44 PM »
Good one
bvd|@^pex

FriendRice

• @^
Vulcan
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2008, 11:41:48 PM »
Ahh Hawian is cool in my book lay off him guys :sleep:
Quote from: whakka;216651
STFU AND GTFO
we already have plenty of idiots, faggots, gangsters, people who cant use their spell check, ex-convicts, drunks, smokers, gun toting hard asses, and old school tribes players. thanks anyways, though. go shoot an innocent bystander, you fuckin moron.

Mavi

Vulcan
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2008, 12:03:00 AM »
Quote from: Crusader;249040
replace the cg in troc with a vulcan

I second that.

its me!

Vulcan
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2008, 12:18:52 AM »
Wassup! yeah its been a long time. Hope to see you spawn again anytime soon :gun:Ouch!

Sunfire

• bvd| capt.
    • Tribes Ascend - sunfire
Vulcan
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2008, 12:45:58 AM »
Quote from: HardDrive;248994
You're missing the point. The changes that have occurred in gameplay and skill levels, along with the hacks, lead to the vulcan making more than 3/4 of the armors pointless in current day, whereas this may have been un-noticed in 2000. It's a balance issue. The reason I and many other people use cyborg is because it's the only thing that can't be destroyed in less than 3 seconds by a vulcan. It's just that simple. Disabling WF won't change that, it'll just make it a lot easier for people to rape one side or another. People like GK say it's always been like that, but it's simply not true. You used to actually be able to alien cap or use burster to destroy D or maybe even spy. But what's the point anymore? everyone's just vulcaning each other to death.  If you like DF servers, this vulcan is perfect, but if you want to actually play something you couldn't find it back when zed hosted non-WF servers, and you sure can't find it anymore.

It's not like I care enough to want it changed, but my point has always been that it's a horrible balance issue that breaks 3/4 of the armors in the game, and it's done nothing but proven to be true.

Yeah and back then (when there were good armor players) there were only 5 lasers as well. No "tracking" turrets, airbases and other useless items. And yes the vulcan was more powerful (I'm pretty sure the beacons as well) in the original eliteren mod.

Players suck now a days anyway, why go to the trouble to change the entire mod just because people can't have it their way? Once the you change the vulcan people will cry about spawn and how unfair it is.

Chimaera4art++

Vulcan
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2008, 01:25:46 AM »
To be quite honest this game is to fucking old to be changing mods, just because ppl see that there is a unbalance in it. I use to love playing eliteren, but now i fucking hate it, because it seems like the eliteren servers has become ppl just spamming eachother. About 97% of the players that play eliteren use Heavy more than any other armor, or it seems like it when I play. If you take out heavy period e-ren is dead simple as that. But shit if you guys really want to talk about unbalanced, you guys need to talk about some of these turrents, or mainly the laser turrent, that shit is annoying as hell. But I guess that shit all equals out, since you have ppl who can spam/whore with hand-motars, rockets, vulcans..etc.

HardDrive

• #1 Red Guy
Vulcan
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2008, 03:37:39 AM »
Quote from: Sunfire;249125
Yeah and back then (when there were good armor players) there were only 5 lasers as well. No "tracking" turrets, airbases and other useless items. And yes the vulcan was more powerful (I'm pretty sure the beacons as well) in the original eliteren mod.

Players suck now a days anyway, why go to the trouble to change the entire mod just because people can't have it their way? Once the you change the vulcan people will cry about spawn and how unfair it is.

It hasn't been altered since ren2 and ren4. in ren2, it was amazingly overpowered, in ren4, the projectile speed was different. through ren5 and all elite versions I believe it's been the same. ren2 predates eliteren, as far as I know. I'm not entirely aware of what happened in the development of eliteren, but I think it was probably based on ren3 or somewhere around there.

As for tracking turrets and the other useless crap, I've never wanted that, just as much as I think the vulcan ruins the gametype, I think zed's additions do the same thing.

It's not as though I care a ton if it changes, I'm just pointing out how when you're talking about the armor gametype, the vulcan is detrimental to the ability to use any other armor. I would never deny that cyborg is one of the focal points of the gametype, but in reality, when you're a mobile heavy armor that can survive any attack and throw mortar grenades, I think a resourceful player might be able to find usefulness without the current vulcan. I think it might even have less spread than the magnum, at least in the current versions of the magnum on SKB.

10shun

Vulcan
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2008, 03:27:49 PM »
I don't play armor a whole lot, so take my opinion with a grain of salt. When I do, I rarely RARELY use anything besides cyborg/vulcan and rocket launcher to move around.  There isn't a single other class that can kill me one against one other than another cyborg using vulcan (except maybe a scout with a well placed grenade that launches me so far away that I suicide, after killing him of course).

That's really why I don't play armor..  if I use any class besides cyborg, I get raped by cyborgs.  If I use cyborg the whole time, I get bored of using vulcan over and over (especially when the other team is doing same thing).  Every now and then I'll use a mercenary with a shield pack when a large indoor base is part of the map, but other than that..  cyborg cyborg cyborg.

My point is..  I play ren armor when I want to change up the experience of ren spawn by adding in more options and mixing things up.  When I play armor, I get bored faster than I do when I play spawn.

This is for PUB play..  I don't have any recent match experience in armor..  I used to play a long time ago but it seemed like the vulcan wasn't such a powerhouse back then.

DeadGuy

• I am the greatest.
Vulcan
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2008, 08:39:51 PM »
seems like all we have is pub play anyways
was there a recent armor match?

10shun

Vulcan
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2008, 11:48:24 PM »
Dunno..  I played a long time ago (in a galaxy far far away).  I play anni over ren armor nowadays though..  damn that particle beam is satisfying when you blast a scout at full speed out of the air.

the nazman

Vulcan
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2008, 11:47:40 AM »
The vulcan is much too powerful

PrimeTime

Vulcan
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2008, 04:05:25 PM »
How about:  

'delete chaingun'

add:

'anal beam shooter'  so you can shoot people trying to get at your ass

Killer117