Author Topic: Created servers not showing up  (Read 1297 times)

trickyspark

Created servers not showing up
« on: January 18, 2012, 04:25:14 PM »
I have the latest servers added from tribesmasterserver.com, and I can see and play all of the games fine.I was trying to get a friend from work into tribes, and we both tried creating servers once we left work and went home. He could see and join his servers, and I could see and join mine, but we could not see each others. We could join servers that showed up when we refreshed the list. I then thought about trying to use the connect (\"ipaddress\") command, but when we each tried checking the ip's on the servers we made, all we see are LOOPBACK:28001. So, I think that solves why we can't see each other as it's using the 127.0.0.1 loopback IP when we make servers.Now, how do we create a server that will show up on the public list? I tried the \"register with master server\" option, but it still gives the same IP.

]|DisC!-

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 05:55:23 PM »
Go to Option --> Network and check the box "Connect with Master Server". Then host a multiplayer server.
{MI6| disc.BOBO}, in memory of a friend and leader, Wayne Evans aka {MI6||BOBO}

trickyspark

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 07:49:56 AM »
I did that , I had tried it and my friend had done so as well on a seperate PC at his home. If I run Tribes and host a game, with the \"register with master server option\" turned on, then run a second Tribes game on the same PC I can see my game. He can do the same for his games when he hosts. Our IP's show up correct on the server list, but only the person that made the game can see the game.I even went as far as to turn off the entire firewall, instead of just making an allowance. I turned off all antiviral programs too, just to see.We can see and join all the other games on the list. I even downloaded a copy of Tribes and tried it at work. With a fresh copy of Tribes, following only the instructions on www.tribesmasterserver.com, and only checking the \"register with server\" option, we still cannot see our hosted games.

]|DisC!-

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 11:24:43 PM »
Hmmm, I just tested it and you are correct. For some reason, I can see my server by opening another client. HOWEVER, that is only if the client has the same patch (1.11). I tried opening another client for 1.4 and vice versa, and my 1.11 client's server is nowhere to be found.

I checked the Master server address in them to make sure that they are the same, but for some reason, my 1.4 keeps reverting back to "t1m1.tribes0.com:28000" instead of "t1m1.masters.tribesmasterserver.com:28000" what I have in 1.11.

Hmmm, try sending your friend your ServerPrefs.cs and GameServerList.cs. They are found in your /config/ folder. Lets see if this works.

trickyspark

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 10:32:38 AM »
Sadly that won't help by sending him the two files. The copy I'm using I downloaded here, and then did the www.tribesmasterserver.com instructions (pasted in console) then restarted. After I did that I zipped it and gave him a copy of my  game. I hadn't ran the game or created any characters.We are using the 1.11 like you mentioned. He's tried it on Windows xp, I tried it on Windows 7 using the vista fix. We even tried downloading new copies. It seems like I remember in the old days it was pretty straight forward. Is it something to do with the old master servers being gone? Maybe something I need to remove or change besides just copying the www.tribesmasterserver.com instructions ? We can both see the 30-50 servers and we can both join them and play with no issues. I thought maybe once we had checked the \"register with master server\" option we were good to go on creating a server. I can't help but think it's a problem with our games not registering and being treated as a lan game or something.He's still just able to see his games and not mine, and the same for me and my games.

* Permissions

• You can't post new topics.
  • You can't post replies.
  • You can't post attachments.
  • You can't modify your posts.